I made you some cookies!!
Some VERY good CHEWY cookies. They are simply ahhh-mazing!
I was a little afraid to make this cookies at first, simply because I am all about butter and flour in a cookie. I mean after all that is what makes them good right?
WRONG! These cookie only require 7 ingredients, which in my opinion is very FEW for cookies. The peanut butter is not overwhelming and the semi sweet chocolate chips are a heavenly marriage with the oatmeal and peanut butter. Besides in my opinion (
yes I am giving it to you again) a cookie ain’t a cookie unless it has chocolate.
Don’t argue with me……..
I mean come on, how can you not want to just DIG your face into that last batch with the chocolate chips, oatmeal and peanut butter. I licked the spoon like a million time, about 2 cookies worth, and it was soooooo worth it. =)
I wish you could try one….
..if you were here I would give you a nice glass of milk and put this warm cookie in your face to make you happy.
TRUE STORY: My husband, who does not really like cookies….WELL, her ate 3. I brought 4 home with me and left the rest with Lady ID, and I would not eat them all. I left the 4 of them that I brought home with me on our kitchen table and ran some errands, only to come home to only one left. I was thrilled that he liked the cookies, but a little irritated that there was only one left. Bittersweet =)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In small bowl mix together the oats and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, ~3-5 minutes.
- Mix in dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, roll cookies into 2 inch dough balls on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes and remove when edges barely begin to turn a golden brown.
- The cookies may look a little underdone, but they will continue to cook once you remove them from the oven.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough. Makes 12-16 cookies.